Scholarships & Fellowships
The Texas Association of College and University Student Personnel Administrators (TACUSPA) is pleased to announce it is now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 Fellowship and Scholarship Programs.
The Thomas Moorman Fellowship Program offers graduate student(s) and new professional(s) (new full-time staff members with 1-3 years of experience) a number of opportunities to network and engage in activities designed to promote the pursuit of a career in higher education and student affairs. TACUSPA will offer four (4) annual fellowships, beginning at fall conference.
Fellowship benefits include:
- Scholarship for conference registration. This will include a pre-conference if it is offered for an additional cost. The TACUSPA Foundation covers the conference fee and new professionals institute. Recipients will be responsible for getting reimbursement from TACUSPA in the amount of the conference lodging.
- Reimbursement for the 50% of the cost of two nights lodging at the conference.
- Attendance at TACUSPA Board of Directors meeting at conference
- Mentoring opportunities with current or former TACUSPA Board member (mentors have served at the Vice-Presidential level)
- Invitation to participate in TACUSPA Board of Directors meetings during the year. For Fellows attending the mid-year board meeting, TACUSPA will pay for 1 hotel night and the least expensive mode of transportation as long as financially feasible.
Selected fellows are responsible for the following obligations:
- Submission of one article annually for the newsletter
- Attendance at Fall conference, including New Professionals Institute and Case Study competition
- Serve on a caucus or committee while participating as a Fellow
To apply for a TACUSPA Fellowship, an interested individual must:
TACUSPA Graduate Student Scholarships
- Be a member of TACUSPA. New members may join at http://tacuspa.net/Memberships,
- In addition to the application please submit a resume with three professional references to Staphany Lopez-Coronado, TACUSPA Fellowships and Scholarship Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-768-4582.
Full-time graduate students who are current TACUSPA members are encouraged to apply for one of the available scholarships. The application process includes the submission of the application and a faculty reference, and a professional statement of interest including expected benefits to the participant. Scholarship recipients are expected to volunteer up to one (1) hour of their time at the conference.
Scholarship benefits include:
- Scholarship for conference registration. The TACUSPA Foundation covers the conference fee and new professionals institute. Transportation and lodging are the responsibility of the recipient.
- Each scholarship recipient will be recognized at the conference.
If you have any questions, please contact Staphany Lopez-Coronado, TACUSPA Scholarships and Fellowships Chair, at email@example.com or 214-768-4582.