Texas Christian University is looking for a professional interested in working with Leaders for Life. This four-year cohort based program, provides mentorship and leadership opportunities for under-represented students at TCU. The purpose of the program is to increase their sense of belonging to the university and directly impact retention rates.
The Coordinator in Student Development Services, a student-centered and team-oriented individual, is dedicated to providing leadership development, mentoring and resources necessary for students, particularly those under-represented at TCU, to be successful at the university and beyond.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists in the coordination, implementation, and assessment of student development programs consistent with the mission and established learning outcomes of TCU, Student Affairs, and Student Development Services.
2. Keeps abreast of best practices for student development theories, leadership theories, and higher education trends regarding students considered to be at-risk for non-retention.
3. Presents programs to students, families and professionals in large and small group settings.
4. Assists in the leadership development and growth of students through recruiting, training, and supporting student leaders/mentors.
- 5. Serves on cross-departmental and divisional committees to support programming efforts that align with Student Development Services and Student Affairs priorities.
- 6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Required Education and Experience:
- · Master’s Degree in Higher Education, Student Personnel Services, Leadership Development or a related field of study.
Preferred Education and Experience:
· Experience working with college access and/or retention programs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Knowledge of/sensitivity to under-represented student populations.
· Skill in instruction, facilitation, and training techniques.
· Skill in organization with attention to detail.
· Skill in effective written and verbal communication of complex information that is accurate, timely and based on sound judgment.
· Ability to apply student development theory to planning, marketing, and implementing events and programs.
· Ability to advise, mentor, and supervise student leaders.
· Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Knowledge of customer service techniques.
· Skill in the use of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Knowledge of Adobe Design Software, html, WordPress and social media management techniques.
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
- • Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
- • Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
- • Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
- • Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
- • Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
- · Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- · Work hours will include some evening and weekend commitments.
- · There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
- · The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this position, please visit TCU Human Resources at https://tcu.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Welcome.asp