The Assistant Director of Leadership Engagement and Development is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of a multi-year/multi-tier leadership program that encompasses emerging leaders through the senior year experience and beyond. The position is responsible for increasing student engagement and leadership involvement by developing and implementing creative ways to involve students in leadership development, education and service opportunities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists Director in developing, enhancing and delivering campus wide leadership initiatives.
- Coordinates all Dare to Roar Community Service programs including Operation Blue & Gold Day of Service and Alternative Spring Break Trips.
- Oversees Leadership National Honor Society.
- Supervises student intern.
- Works in close collaboration with Campus Life and Student Development, Academic Affairs and Enrollment Management to promote comprehensive and intentional workshops and retreats.
- Coordinates the recruitment, selection, logistics, training and evaluation of Extraordinary leadership Series
- Oversees budgetary items for leadership conferences, programs, and community service events, including maintaining a university procurement card.
- Assists Director in implementing and maintaining social media and traditional marketing strategies.
- Utilizes CAS, EBI and other assessments to insure that our students’ leadership opportunities meet or exceed national standards.
- Involves all organizations in University wide programs throughout the year to increase participation of all segments of the campus community.
- Serves on major University Committees as assigned.
- Prepares and submits proposals for the department to present L.E.A.D. programs at regional and national conferences and events.
- Participates in and joins professional organizations.
- Education: Master’s Degree in higher education, leadership, student personnel, education administration or related field
- Experience: Four (years) of related experience (direct or indirect) with transferable skills. Experience in college student development, leadership development, and/or programming. Knowledge of theoretical models of leadership, college student development and issues related to first-year students and students in transition.
- Knowledge / Skills: Experience with sound mentoring theory and application. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a broad constituency, including administrators, faculty, staff, students and parents. Must value diversity and possess ability to work with other from different backgrounds. Must model strong leadership skills, attention to detail, and flexibility in problem-solving. Ability to excel given an extensive workload within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Valid driver’s license.
- Physical Requirements: Have the ability to lift 50lbs and drive 15 passenger van/bus, ability to ride or fly for an extended period of time.
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Two (2) or more years experience working with leadership development and or higher education programming. Marketing experience perfered. Experience with supervision.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Student Workers and Graduate Assistants
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University-Commerce must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all job application data could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application. Resume/vitae, cover letter, at least 3 references and their full contact information, and transcripts are required to be uploaded.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Qualified candidates may apply: https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUC_External/job/Commerce-TAMUC/Assistant-Director-of-LEAD_R-002126