Job Title: Writing Assistant
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Campus: University of North Texas Health Science Center
Department: Student Affairs
Position Description: The Student Affairs Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Writing Tutor to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Analysis and assessment of written work with strategies for improvement.
- Create and deliver writing support programming.
- Conduct individual tutoring.
- Develop workshops that address a range of topics including grammar, style, and research practice.
- Create online writing support resources.
- Minimum of 18 graduate hours in English and one year of related experience.
- Experience teaching college-level composition and knowledge of scientific writing styles preferred.
- Experience and/or training in working with ESL students is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Shared Values.