|Extended Job Title
|Org Level 1
||Texas Tech University
||Texas Tech University
||Dean of Students
||Performs managerial work providing direction and guidance in setting and achieving goals and objectives; developing policies; reviewing guidelines, procedures, rules, and regulations; establishing priorities, standards, and measurement tools for determining progress in meeting goals; coordinating and evaluating program activities; and establishing and monitoring budget. May plan, assign, and supervise the work of others. Works under limited supervision with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Meets with students requesting a backdated withdrawal and presents their request to the Student Withdrawal Team. Coordinates the backdated withdrawal process with the Associate Deans of the academic college.
- Documents and adds student of concern incident reports to Maxient. Supports and assists the Maxient team as needed.
- Attend all Behavior Intervention Team (BIT) meetings and act as a reporting specialist. Research students that are discussed during BIT and document the risk level, case status and action steps.
- Serve as the Office of the Dean of Students (ODOS) Emergency Action Coordinator. Train new staff about emergency procedures and update ODOS Emergency Action Plan monthly.
- Assist and support the two Assistant Deans of Students with students of concern (i.e. call emergency contacts, etc.) and serve as a back-up when needed. Respond to hospitalizations during on call weekdays and weekends.
- Co-chairs the Student Withdrawal Team meetings with an Assistant Dean of Students and researches students to be discussed during the meetings.
- Participate in various committees as a representative for the Office of the Dean of Students and Student Affairs.
- Provide administrative support to the Office of the Dean of Students and Student Affairs on assigned tasks.
- Develop and provide training for the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) and on behalf of the BIT to the Texas Tech community.
- Coordinates the publications, website and marketing material for the Office of the Dean of Students and Student Affairs websites. May be asked to assist with facilitation of the Office of the Dean of Students social media accounts to promote events within Student Affairs.
||Bachelor's degree in area of expertise or closely related area required. Three years of experience in planning, developing, or implementing programs/projects or research grants. Additional education may substitute for required experience on a year-for-year basis.
||As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
|Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Resume / CV
|Minimum Hire Rate
||Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
||Up to 25%
Qualified candidates may apply: https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/GQLogin.asp?SID=^LdL5p47xneIMeU14nLol3GjtDIHHLZFlgPKUgQh8nepo9S6r86jr8GbejGWBrhk5&fjd=true&referer=mail&gqid=1955&jobinfo=__368705|1|1955__&applycount=1&type=mail_jobdetail&srcqs=