The University of Texas of the Permian Basin
Director of Student Activities
REPORTS TO: Senior Associate VP for Student Services
FUNCTION: Responsible for the development and implementation of programs and activities that support the needs and foster the personal growth of students.
QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree required, preferably in student development or similar area of study. Three (3) to five (5) years in college/university administration in student engagement programs. Prior experience providing cohesive, well-planned campus-wide programming for both residential and commuter students. Evening and weekend commitments required.
• Develop and implement a strategic plan for a goal-oriented campus activities program that emphasizes student involvement, learning, and leadership. Development and execution of events such as, but not limited to: Orientation, Homecoming, Clubs & Involvement Fair, and weekend programs.
• Manage effective communication and promotion strategies.
• Develop annual goals, objectives, assessment, and updates that support the department mission. Administer budgets
• Serve as an advisor to the Campus Activities Board, Greek Life, Student Senate and leadership training.
• Supervise department staff and student employees.
• Other duties as assigned.