The University of Texas at Arlington
Student Development Specialist III
This position supports the student success initiatives of the university by providing direct support and resources for students in need of substance abuse referrals or crisis intervention. This position is responsible for coordinating prevention programs and resources to address substance abuse and bystander intervention, integral to promoting a community that cares. It will play a strategic role in supporting the prevention and wellness programs in the Division of Student Affairs through the bystander intervention initiative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1) Plans and coordinates and collaborates with campus partners to offer student programs in the areas of recovery support, bystander intervention, academics, life skills, personal development and overall wellness.
2) Meets with individual students to assess their readiness and fit for campus resources, including the CSR, Counseling and Psychological services, BASICS and various intervention programs.
3) Develops programming campaigns, curriculum and events that align with the prevention and wellness initiatives in the Division of Student Affairs.
4) Prepares programming reports, program summaries, and assessment as required by the Division of Student Affairs.
5) . Assists in the fundraising events and initiatives to raise support for the program.
6) Oversees the coordination of weekly support meetings.
7) Collaborates with student groups to coordinate and manage accountability groups and student programming events.
8) Conducts outreach and service on behalf of the department to on-and off-campus constituents.