Texas Tech University
Assistant Director, Office of Student Conduct
The Office of Student Conduct is responsible for the administration and management of the Code of Student Conduct at Texas Tech University. The Conduct Hearing Officer in the Office of Student Conduct is a general conduct hearing officer for the adjudication of alleged violations of the Texas Tech University Code of Student Conduct. Primary responsibilities of the Conduct Hearing Officer are as follows:
• Investigates and adjudicates cases of individual Student Conduct, including, but not limited to referrals from student complainants, faculty and/or staff members, the Texas Tech Police Department, University Student Housing.
• Supports other Student Conduct Officers and Investigators with the transcription of interviews and development of Investigation Reports.
• Coordinates University Student Housing Conduct referrals and conducts University Student Housing investigations.
• Trains University Student Housing staff on conduct process and conduct software.
• Assists with Clery reporting.
• Develops marketing and educational materials related to the Conduct Process and Code of Student Conduct.
• Provides information and assistance to those alleged to have violated the Code of Student Conduct and those reporting allegations of the Code of Student Conduct.
• Creates individualized, educationally-based sanctions, conditions, and/or restrictions for individual students who are found responsible for violating the Code of Student Conduct.
Additional Responsibilities: Additional responsibilities of The Conduct Hearing Officer are as follows:
• Assists the Managing Director, the Associate Director, and Assistant Director(s) of the Office of Student Conduct with student conduct investigations.
• Assists with the development of annual goals, annual reports, marketing and strategic planning and for programs and services administered / coordinated through the Office of Student Conduct.
• Assists with crisis intervention and academic / personal referrals to University departments and community agencies.
• Assists with campus presentations, education, and outreach efforts related to the Conduct process and the Code of Student Conduct.
• Assists with the annual review of the Code of Student Conduct.
• Assists with University Panel Hearing coordination and training.
• Assists with the Office of Student Conduct database management software, Maxient.
• Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director and/or Director of the Office of Student Conduct.