THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON
THE LOCKHEED MARTIN CAREER DEVELOPMENT CENTER
TITLE: Assistant Director of Project Management
EARLIEST START DATE: As Soon As Possible
SALARY: $4,166.66/monthly (negotiable depending on qualifications)
PURPOSE: The Assistant Director of Project Management will ensure enterprise project management for the Career Development Center. This role will be responsible for the planning execution and management of the Career Center large projects and for the planning and tracking of yearly events. This role will ensure projects are completed on time and within budget, and that the project's objectives are met. Project work will be separate to usual day-to-day business activities and require a group of people to work together to achieve a set of specific objectives. This role will oversee project execution to ensure the desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied. This role will also be responsible for metric strategy, supporting IT platform transitions and supporting the planning and execution of the marketing with the planning and execution of enterprise project execution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Partner with the Career Development Center team in preparing project plans for all major events including job fairs, career conferences, guest speakers, etc.
2. Managing a team of professionals supporting metrics and marketing functions.
3. Preparing project timelines, which include start dates, end dates, and milestones with high level of detail to track progress and ensure programs and projects run smoothly.
4. Collaborate with the team when preparing program objectives and deliverables.
5. Ensure projects/programs are on track and meet deadlines, including organizing the various professional people working on the project.
6. Ensure that all goals of the project/program are met. Ensure that quality standards are upheld.
7. Use software to manage projects, including notes, timelines, history, resources, etc.
8. Monitor resources to ensure that projects/programs stay within the allotted budget.
9. Oversee marketing objectives for each project and ensure they support project goals.
10. Oversee the Career Development Center metrics and ensure all divisional and university level requirements are met.
11. Supporting, planning and managing any IT conversions and IT focused initiatives with an overall project plan.
12. Ability to work autonomously and in team environment. Work occasional weekends and evenings as assigned. Performs other duties necessary to support the mission and vision of the Career Development Center and The University of Texas at Arlington.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree or higher. Minimum two years of experience in a full-time, professional position in a university, college, career services area, or employer at the Assistant Director level or above. Experience supervising multiple staff within a university or college career services unit. Experience with project management programs at a university or college or employer. Experience marketing programs to students. Strong organizational, planning and analytical skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail. Strong analytical, decision making, problem solving, and critical thinking skills. Solid computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree. Three or more years of experience in a Career Services planning and execution environment and/or Project Management Function. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook. Preferred knowledge of Handshake career management platform. Proficient in the use of social media tools.
WORKING CONDITIONS: General office conditions, with the majority of time spent working at a computer. Professional activities and participation in Student Affairs may include off site meetings. Repetitive use of keyboard at work station. Use of manual dexterity. Ability to lift up to 25lbs. Monday – Friday from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Some evening and weekend work will be required. Security sensitive, criminal background check conducted.
TO APPLY: Submit your resume, cover letter and reference list online.