THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON
LOCKHEED MARTIN CAREER DEVELOPMENT CENTER
TITLE: Career Development Specialist (Employer Relations Specialist)
EARLIEST START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: $2833.33/monthly (negotiable depending on qualifications)
PURPOSE: The Employer Relations Specialist will support the University’s and Center’s goal to grow employer partnership base. The position will support the Center’s Employer Relations Team. Highly visible position with the campus community and employers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Cultivate and maintain relationships with employers in order to increase employment opportunities for students and alumni. Includes reaching out via phone/email and in-person (being an initial contact with employers) to acquaint them with our services, and assisting them with registering for the Career Development Center job database/inputting job opportunities. Ability to manage on-going metrics.
2. Assist in the planning and implementation of Job Fairs, networking events, employer panels, information tables, and on-campus interviews.
3. Assist in maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the Career Development Center job database. Regularly input positions, maintain records, activate contact and employer accounts.
4. Provide support in the development of marketing strategies to reach out to employers, students, and academic departments regarding ER activities. Includes sending mass emails (newsletter). Act as a liaison between the Center, academic colleges/schools, and departments including Development and Alumni Relations.
5. Attend conferences, workshops, and webinars regarding career planning and recruiting trends.
6. Ability to work autonomously and in team environment. Work occasional weekends and evenings as assigned. Performs other duties necessary to support the mission and vision of the Career Development Center and The University of Texas at Arlington.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Psychology, or related field. One year professional level experience working in a full-time position in a University or college, preferably in a career services environment or the equivalent experience. Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential. Excellent customer service and organization skills. Strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize a heavy workload. Self-starter with high initiative who focuses on quality deliverables.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree. Experience using Handshake, career management platform, a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: General office conditions, with the majority of time spent working at a computer. Professional activities and participation in Student Affairs may include off site meetings. Repetitive use of keyboard at work station. Use of manual dexterity. Ability to lift up to 25lbs. Monday – Friday from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Some evening and weekend work will be required. Security sensitive, criminal background check conducted.
TO APPLY: Submit your resume, cover letter and reference list https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/3161