St. Mary’s University
Coordinator, Retention Programming
Office of Student Retention
Reporting to the Director of Retention and Graduation Initiatives, the Coordinator for Retention Programming will provide logistical and technical support to retention initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage logistics of all retention programing include scheduling, room reservations and catering set up, guidance of student and staff assistants, communicating with external vendors, etc.
· Coordinate the implementation of communication and student intervention outreach efforts
· Support academic recovery initiatives including collecting and tracking academic plan submission and retention holds
· Coordinate technical setup of Mapworks and troubleshoot technical issues experience by users
· Manage retention email account and phone line; troubleshoot and respond to students inquires
· Supervise student workers including managing schedules, setting up access and training on appropriate use of software programs (Banner, Mapworks, etc) and FERPA
· Assist with recruitment efforts for retention programming
· Maintain up to date knowledge of student retention trends and campus policies and procedures (financial assistance, registration, academic advising) and student development initiatives
· Help advance the mission and strategic plan of the University, Division and Office of Student Retention.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required.
· 3 years experience working in a higher education setting.
· Experience in coordinating events and programs preferred.
· Understanding of academic advising, financial aid and student development preferred.
· Knowledge of Banner, Mapworks, Argos and Qualtrics preferred.
· Demonstration of a strong commitment to student success and/or work with high risk student populations.
· Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
· Strong organizational and communication skills with ability to work collaboratively and manage multiple complex projects.
Closing Date: 7/7/17. St. Mary’s University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply at http://stmarytx.applicantpro.com/jobs/..