Student Affairs Judicial Officer
Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley invites applications for the position of Student Affair Judicial Officer, Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities
Position Summary: To coordinate all aspects of the Student Judicial Affairs Program and related programs/projects as assigned within Student Life.. Responsible for exercising initiative and judgment in advising, counseling and working with students, faculty and staff in student disciplinary matters and other assigned responsibilities. Acts as an investigator for assigned Title IX cases in either a primary or secondary role.
Description of Duties:
• Coordinates and conducts prompt, fair, effective and equitable investigations and processing of all assigned allegations as they are related to violations of the Student Code of Conduct or Title IX/Discrimination.
• Develops comprehensive investigative reports for review by the appropriate University administrators with involved parties for use in determining whether or not a violation has occurred.
• Receives and processes allegations of Student Code of Conduct or Title IX from students, faculty and staff.
• Develops and recommends appropriate sanctions for those found responsible for violating the Student Code of Conduct that ensures educational outcomes and compliance with sanctions by the responsible party.
• Assists departments, faculty, staff and students in responding to possible violations of University rules, regulations and policies via the Student Judicial system.
• Represents the University at student disciplinary hearings to include pre-hearing conferences with students, faculty, staff and others as appropriate.
• Remain current with knowledge of laws and compliance regulations related to Title IX, VAWA, FERPA, due process rights and other federal, state and local laws.
• Assists with the delivery of outreach activities related to Title IX, Alcohol Awareness, and general campus safety.
• Assists with the recruitment, training and evaluation and advisement of University Hearing officers.
• Assists in the development of policies and procedures and implementation of student leadership programs, including assisting with the Graduate student internship program.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
Master’s degree in a related field
Three (3) years of experience in a higher education environment in student conduct, conflict resolution, student affairs, student activities, law enforcement, or student housing.
Five (5) years of experience as a judicial hearing officer in a university/college setting or related university/college experience.
For more information, and to apply, interested parties should visit: https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/13916